This is the Saya no Uta Wiki Manual of Style. This page will show you how to format, write, and edit on various articles on the Saya no Uta Wiki. Please do not do any reorganization and cleanup of wikitext on the wiki unless you are fixing things to follow this style guideline. Feel free to debate any proposals on the talk page.
General Writing Style Edit
There are a few things to remember concerning the general writing style of articles on this wiki.
- Write from the 3rd person point of view.
- Do not add content unrelated to the article. Be sure to make sure that everything on a page is directly related to the subject of the article.
- Do not insert personal opinions or speculation into the article.
- Use words that are appropriate to the article and keep the language simple.
- Avoid the use of obscenities in articles. They can be used only in the context of quotes from characters.
- Avoid the use of slang terms/euphemisms. Also limit using idiomatic terms and phrases as much as possible.
- The titles of works should be italics, such as Saya no Uta.
- This wiki uses exclusively American English. Cases of British English should be changed.
- Avoid the use of any contractions, such as “didn’t” “could’ve” etc. Use the full forms “did not” and "could have” instead. Contractions do not belong in encyclopedic writing styles.
- "It’s" is a contraction, and should not be used."It’s" is short for "it is" and is not the possessive of "it", the possessive form of "it" is "its" with no apostrophe.
Verb Tenses Edit
- When writing plot summaries or in the "History" section on pages, use the past tense. For example, "Saya later tested her abilities on Fuminori's neighbor, Yosuke Suzumi, in an attempt to understand and fix Fuminori's mental condition." All other sections of articles, including the introduction sentences, are to be written in present tense.
- If you are writing on an article about real world media, like the soundtrack, use the present tense to describe facts about the media itself, like "Song of Saya Original Soundtrack is the official soundtrack of Saya no Uta."
WikiText Style Edit
- Links like [[Fuminori Sakisaka|Fuminori]] are preferred over links with redirects like [[Fuminori]].
- For links that are possessive, include the 's in the link. For example, use [[Saya|Saya's]] instead of [[Saya]]'s.
- When creating a new page, capitalize all words in the title, unless the article title matches the title of a novel or other work that follows a different capitalization rule.